Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boar Sausage

As I mentioned a few posts ago, a coworker of mine went on a boar hunting trip. I again received some of the kill from a different co-worker, this time in the form of a sausage.

Do you like spicy Italian sausage? Well, I'm not usually a big fan since sausage is all too often saturated with excessive amounts of fat. However, this is not the case when the beast being ground and tubed is a lean boar. Far better than any pork based snag I've had in the past, this mammoth-sized wiener was packed with flavor, protein, and just enough fat to round off the flavor and keep the meat moist.

Really, I ought not tempt anyone with delicious strange food that can't be found at local stores or eateries but if there is a place by you that sells boar in any way, shape, or form I'd strongly recommend buying some and cooking it in anyway you like, even if you're not a pork fan. This is some lean, tasty meat.

boar sausage

No comments: